We ran into a weird scenario where a user could not connect to Apple TV with a passcode. We tried all the usual troubleshooting stuff:
- Does it work with another computer? Yes, it does.
- Does it work with another user on the same computer? No, it doesn’t.
- Toggle Bluetooth? Makes no difference.
- Reboot the AppleTV and the computer. No difference.
- Double-check the key mapping is fine on the Mac itself. It is.
- Try to connect to a different Apple TV. Same problem.
- Is the time correct? Seems to be.
That’s weird. It’s weird because the time and date were definitely correct, and it’s weird because other Macs do not have the time zone set to be detected automatically and are still able to connect to Apple TVs on campus.
But if you run into this issue where you’re prompted for a passcode to connect to an Apple TV, and it keeps giving you the code is incorrect when you’re absolutely sure you’ve typed the correct code, consider setting the time zone for automatic detection.